Friday, January 21, 2011

Rotaract

I went to my first Rotaract meeting today!! They have a small, but really dedicated group of people and I'm so excited to begin working with them. They just had a successful blood drive last week, with over 400 participants. In the beginning of February we will be cleaning up the outside of a hospital in Dar es Salaam, and providing additional cleaning supplies for the inside. Then they are preparing for RYLA (the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards) where they are hoping for some recognition for all the events they have accomplished this year.

On Monday one of the members is showing me to a school where I will teach English for a while in the evening. Then they will take me to a Rotary meeting on Thursday afternoon. I can't wait to get involved with these clubs. I miss my Fairfield Rotaractors!! But this group seems great, so I'm very excited to get in touch with them. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really interesting! Can you give blood in Africa now that you are eligible again? Have fun teaching English!

    ReplyDelete